Thursday, April 4, 2013

A new play mat for teaching 

5 Little speckled frogs 

Today I would like to share another nursery rhyme with you that I use for teaching

- counting 1-5
- differentiating colours and sizes
- action verbs etc. 
It goes: 

"Five little speckled frogs
Sat on a speckled log
Eating some most delicious grubs - yum, yum
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Now there are four green speckled frogs - glub, glub."


How do I teach this song? 

I made a playmat for demonstrating the song. The kids can ceratinly use this play mat for other purposes, too. They can fish, take out mole from his mole hole, take out the spiders from the butterfly who has a zip to close his wings. While they play they can name the colours of the animals or the habitats they live in.  They can jump with frogs to the pond. There are some toy frogs hidden in the log, too.  The mat can also be hung up on the wall as decoration. 

size: 1x1 metre 

The butterfly where the spiders can be hidden away 
Mole and his friends 

More teaching ideas: 

Kids love masks. They can be used for roll play or any other miming activities.  These 5 froggy masks are presents for my friend.  
She is also a very commeted and anthusiastic teacher from whom I have learnt a lot. Check out her homepage here. 

                                                   http://www.ketnyelvugyerek.hu/ 

I will share more teaching ideas later on. 

Many thanks for having a look at my blog! I hope you will return :) 








1 comment:

Andon said...

Tegnap élőben is megcsodálhattam egy kicsit a műveidet, fantasztikusak, Detti :)