Thursday, April 11, 2013

New day new idea:) 

Today we read Eric Carl's wonderful story "Brown bear, brown bear what do you see?" with my younger daughter. She loves this story so much. She has learnt a lot of colours and animal names from this book. (Eric Carl is one of our favourite authors.) 

After reading the story about 5 times she wanted to read it again... When I said "No" a new idea popped into my mind. What if I sewed a cube for her? A block that we can use for different purposes such as teaching colours, shapes, numbers, letters anything that we want:) Then after reading a story we can put little flashcards in the pockets and play with them. Make rhymes or sing songs...whatever! 

And we made this cube together! 

First, we collected the flashcards that she could name
then I hid some new ones in the pockets that she could not name before.
However, after playing with the cube 2-3 times she excitedly shouted out loud the new names too:) 
Success! Fun! Learning! 

What else did we do?
With my older daughter we practiced the letters of the alphabet.

Tomorrow I would like to sew a felt cube:)
I'll attach a picture of that once it's ready:) 




No comments: