Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Teaching is FUN! 

What and how do I teach? 

I love soft materials. And because children like to touch everything I decided to sew some "teaching materials" that I can use at home with my daugthers and later on with my "little toddler-students":) 

I made this play mat for my daughters (3,5). I have been teaching them English since they were born. We 
use English in our everyday conversations. However, it is not a must. They can decide when they want to use Hungarian and when they want to use English. It depends on the situation. The main thing is that they use more than one language at a time. I try "not to teach" them but play with them all the time. Meanwhile playing we gain new vocabulary and new experiences. 

Here you can see some pictures of my "teaching materials": 

I use this one for teaching the nursery rhyme called "5 little duck went out one day" 


And here you can watch how they first played with the mat: 


If you want me to make anything for you to teach with please let me know on the following email address: 

gyulaibernadett@yahoo.de 

Thanks for reading this post! 

2 comments:

Erika Osváth said...

I really love your ideas, Detty. Keep sharing them with us. We learn loads from you and you inspire many :)
Thank you!
Erika

decek said...

Many thanks! I keep posting some other materials. Slowly but surely it will improve.